Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Also TRH you are unknowingly talking to somebody that has dealt with dogs as a lifestyle since knee high to a grasshopper and takes your practice of feeding raw, and amps it up about 30 degrees. If you want your dogs bouncing up and down in uncontrolled excitement at mealtime and looking like a million bucks freshly printed, try this if you can stomach it, no pun intended.

I feed fresh cow stomach right from a butcher shop every week. Properly known as raw tripe, or green tripe. It's loaded up with digestive enzymes and good bacteria. Has the perfect balance of phosphorus to calcium 1:1. All kinds of good fatty acids including both Linoleic & Linolenic, in their recommended proportions, and a good protein and fat content, along with probiotics. The rubbery texture cleans their teeth better than any expensive cleaning at a vet, and makes them work their jaws as much as much as feeding bones. HIGHLY digestible. A dogs clean out amount will be reduced by half.

About as close to the perfect dog food as you can get. Some people would gag just handling it. I don't mind it and feed it because I know what it is, and see the results. You will need a working knowledge of how to keep a knife sharp because cutting off chunks of that everyday will dull it on a weekly basis. Obviously my dogs don't eat in the house.

I've been trying tripe in their diet all this time, but they are less than enthusiastic about it, and only seem reluctantly to eat it, often leaving much of it in the bowl. They like heart, kidney, and liver, though.