Originally Posted by bangeye
Old rcbs special at least 30 years old good as new...
Interesting you mention that. I've been using the same RCBS RS (Reloader Special) since 1978. I wanted a Rock Chucker but was fresh out of college and scrimping pennies. Except for a fling for a couple years with a Dillon 550 in the mid-90's it's the only metallic press I've ever had. Have thought of upgrading numerous times but it's never let me down so it keeps on keeping on.

And on that theme I was looking at the reloading bench, and that got me to thinking about the workbench in the garage and I realized a lot of my stuff can be divided into tools and toys. Toys come and go, that would include most (but not all) of my firearms. Tools get bought once and kept forever. Still using the same RCBS Uniflow measure bought in 1976, same trickler I got in 1968, same Craftsman dial caliper my father got me for Christmas in 1980, even still using the same bent paper clip incipient separation gauge I made around that same time period. Some of the tools in the garage date back to 1968, a pair of vise grips still has paint on them from a 1965 BSA 250 we put together back then.

When it comes to toys, I always want to play with the latest thing. When it comes to tools, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is the motto. Don't know if this makes me faithful, thrifty or just cheap. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!