Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by JSTUART
In all honesty the best value for loading and mucking about with forearms has been a 6" mitutoyo digital caliper.

Yes, that's a good one. It's one of those tools people take for granted and don't think much about, until you don't have one.

Along with the caliper, my best reloading investments were:

Dillon 550
Dillon digital scale
drill press (for case prep) and Lee trimmer pilots
ProChrono chronograph (boy was I pleased to upgrade from that Shooting Chrony!)
House with a yard where I can shoot

We could have a whole 'nother thread on bullet casting investments.

Dillon 650 is faster, the 550 is better if you're gonna be changing rounds frequently, IMO.

I have a 550 and around a dozen tool heads on stands, set up with dies for various rounds.

Dillon has stellar CS, will send parts, etc. after a phone call. Good products, good folks.

I also like the Sinclair Concentricity tool and TruAngle tool. I check most rounds, correct runout.

I'm a big fan of Lee Collet neck sizers, used with a body die. Redding body die is great, I've made body dies from Lee FL dies by grinding out the neck with a Dremel.

I like the Redding Big Boss press, like the primer collection system, hole thru the ram, spent primers falling into a tube. Beats the Rockchucker system. I have and like the Rockchucker. Just use it for seating, the Big Boss for sizing/decapping.

I like the RCBS bench primer tool and have a Uniflow with quick change metering assemblies. I have a wooden block, holes cut for a half dozen metering assemblies, pre set for various charge ranges. That saves time.

DF