I will still say that training is the only way. You have to have this ingrained into the muscle memory as an automatic response.

It very much mirrors shooting, when the eye sees teh shot, the gun shoots on its own... basically. It takes a LONG time to get there. Along the way you realize you are building confidence. But when the SHTF, it can all go upside down but if your training is good, it'll take over.

I practiced a LOT for years with instinctive bow shooting. So much so that I could tell when I was in the zone so to speak. You made the "rush" work for you instead of against you. THere is a fine line and when you fall over either side you are usually in deep. As it deep bad or deep good.

I recall a shot that amazed me once... I saw the deer on the way to a stand. I don't recall anything but seeing the deer. I had to pop an arrow onto the string, actually turn around to get to my shooting side, clear brush, draw and shoot. I KNOW I had to do alll this as I looked at it after... All I can remember is the rush of seeing the deer and then an arrow going through the chest...

I guess in the end I"m not sure that you ever easily control the rush, but you can mostly control what you do when the rush hits you.. as to an automated response basically as I can't think of the exact correct scientific term right now.

I"ve never been charged by a bear. I have by a couple of wounded pigs. And a few other critters. So I may fail if a bear comes into the picture, but I doubt it personally.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....