Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by rost495
I guess in the end I"m not sure that you ever easily control the rush, but you can mostly control what you do when the rush hits you.. as to an automated response basically as I can't think of the exact correct scientific term right now.

Exactly, and I think we're talking about two different things here. The OP was talking about suppressing the adrenaline release that happens automatically when you get into a "fight or flight situation." I think that's very difficult; it's a physiological response that happens whether we want it to or not..

You're talking about practicing something enough so that muscle memory takes over and it's automatic--you don't have to think so the adrenaline rush (which clouds your thinking) doesn't affect the task at hand. Like drawing a pistol, clicking off the safety, aiming, and shooting in one smooth motion without having to think about it.

very reasoned post

only way I see out of this, is to keep marrying crazy women, by the time you get to the 18th or 19th one (I can't recall which) you're problem will be solved. Sorry I know that's as handy as a sharp stick to the eye. Good luck

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.