Originally Posted by pre64win
I'd argue that you COULD go wrong at $2k.

A standard grade 270 Fwt is a semi-scarce gun. Used, but nmolested, they are worth $1200-$1500. I hate to be a cynic, but in all likelihood, this is a standard Fwt rifle with a modified stock and SG bottom metal. You would need to pull the rifle apart to confirm otherwise, but the scarcity of SG Fwt rifles is such that there are far more fakes out there than genuine articles. Because of this, collectors regard them all as guilty until proven innocent.

I recommend asking the seller to pull it apart and have them send you detailed photos of the stamps under the barrel, as well as the inletting and checkering of the stock. If it is all genuine, then I agree: you can't go wrong at $2k.

Good luck!

Justin

That's a Super Grade stock, all right. However, the stock's been bedded, the back end of the Monte Carlo comb has definitely been modified, and the wood has been refinished. Not sure about the pad. Despite all that, I'd agree that a SG/FW for $2k is probably not a bad deal - but there's obviously no guarantee it's a genuine SG.

Last edited by PrimeBeef; 06/29/17.