Gentleman I received a photo package from the dealer this morning.

The bottom of the barrel is marked Super 270, there are no scuff marks on top of the barrel. Whatever was showing in the photos was oil or lint. The barrel is a three-line Winchester Barrel.

I also received pictures of the recoil pad which is marked Winchester.

According to the dealer the rifle belonged to a longtime employee of theirs. He believes the employee bought it new and is therefore a one-owner rifle. According to the shop everybody in the shop knew about that rifle. I appreciate what someone here commented, that you have to have a good story for a rifle like that. The employee, according to the shop, was anal retentive and a former bigwig in the Michigan Department of Conservation and did trade shows quite a bit. The pad certainly looks to be an excellent condition so that makes me think it's probably aftermarket, however Winchester did have a habit of creating pre 64s in almost any configuration one wanted. It's not beyond the realm of possibility considering the bluing on the rifle that the pad is original.

I am satisfied that that stock is an original supergrade stock and that the barreled action is an original Super grade.

I have decided to proceed with the purchase. The bedding is unfortunate but I believe if I placed this rifle on GunBroker tomorrow I would make my money back in a heartbeat.

Load development will commence with h4831 and the 130 grain Nosler partition.

If someone would like me to share the photos with them so they can place the photos on this thread in the interests of more conversation/educatio
I'd be happy to do so

Last edited by nyrifleman; 06/30/17.

“Factio democratica delenda est"