Originally Posted by Brad
Phugging-A, I just browsed through all this bull chit. Pick a flocking bullet and go hunt.Taking an internet poll on what to use is akin asking a stranger what girl to marry. Elk are mythically tough, but in reality give up the ghost pretty quickly.

Read Pat's 4 points carefully (scenarshooter), glue them to your forehead, and repeat often.

laugh

Speaking of Pat, when one needs advice on killing critters, ask those who've done it. Check Scenarshooter's posts and you'll see an awesome photo album of what he can do/has done with a rifle.

Bergers kill and they're pretty expansive. LR hunters like them because they are deadly at extended ranges when the bullet isn't moving as fast.

Bergers do like to jump; BR shooters often jam them, not the best scenario for hunters.

Like most high ogive bullets, COAL can be critical. You need to find the "sweet spot" or optimal COAL.

Here's a useful protocol: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/03/berger-tips-

And, as posted earlier, you don't need a blood trail, standing over a dead animal.

I've killed WT's and pronghorns with Bergers. Fast moving VLDs can create a messy scene at the skinning shed, but they're lethal. Everything I've shot with Bergers was DRT, trailing not an issue.

DF