I’ve shot a couple of 320’s, the full size and the compact; both in 9mm. I really found very little to complain about. Both worked perfectly, felt good in the hand, good triggers, relatively good sights, functioned perfectly, shot very straight. The military tests showed the full sized matched Glock for reliability, and I personally believed they hurried up the results and declared a winner before Mattis was in as Sec-Def, because they were afraid he’d kill the program. Ideally, they should have fully tested the compact pistols. In the end, they may get away with it, or they may not. I think once the 320 is in US military service we’re going to find some inadequacies with the pistol (that always happens), and the DOD will be criticized because they rushed the program. And they’ll take the heat regardless of whether any flaws would have been discovered during testing or not. The problem is, they didn’t do what they said they were going to do, and that’s always going to be a point of controversy.

Still, considering the submissions, and the requirements of the RFP, I think they bought the right pistol.