I have found TFB to be a generally trustworthy site. Unlike the mainstream media, they at least put SOME due diligence into reporting newsworthy items. I saw in the case of the Sig 320’s that they did take the effort to reach out to Sig.

The one thing that is funny about this story is
Originally Posted by TFB Story
The Firearm Blog reached out to Sig Sauer for comment after learning about the recall and spoke with Phil Strader, the Pistol Product Manager who would have issued such a recall…

…Strader went on to say that even though he is the person that would have issued such a recall but had not done so and was unaware of any recall being issued at the time we spoke with him.

I find it very odd that the product manager A – wasn’t the person who issued the recall/notification/whatever it was. B – Is completely unaware of any recall.
In places I have worked, something like this is a career defining moment for SOMEONE.

Either Strader is incompetent (career defining)
or
Someone in the Sig organization just went over his head/behind his back (career defining)

Otherwise, there exists the possibility that the whole thing is a hoax, and there is no problem (stranger things have happened).

Now on to the Dallas PD.

TFB has a copy of the inter-department memo, so it seems as if Dallas did indeed recall the use of personally owned Sig 320’s (issued weapon is 226). Since the Sig product manager doesn’t seem to know anything about it, I start to wonder what kind of notification the Dallas PD got from Sig? Was it a phone call, an official memo on letterhead, etc? Did Dallas PD do their due diligence and check with Sig? If they did, and Strader says he knows nothing about it, that makes Stader incompetent AND a liar. If they didn’t, then shame on Dallas PD for issuing such a recall based on what would essentially be hearsay.

Time will tell, but as it sits right now with the information we have; I don’t know that anyone really has the full picture of what is really going on.