Originally Posted by jimmyp
Sig Sauer has identified that there is a defect in the P320 handgun that could cause the weapon system to go off when dropped. The Sig Sauer P320 was approved for primary duty, secondary primary duty, and back-up use. The Firearms Training Center is currently working with Sig Sauer to obtain a solution for the safety issue. Until Sig Sauer is able to find a solution to the safety issue, the Sig Sauer P320 is no longer approved by the ****** Police Department for any use.

I have seen this a few places, but all are in blog-ville. I have not seen anything on this from an authoritative source. In addition, the recent video of a 320 allegedly discharging after being dropped 3 times was removed from YouTube. Bruce Gray, a Sig guru emeritus, has indicated that the drop-discharge cannot be replicated in a gun that has all proper springs and parts in it. While anything is possible, I remain skeptical. This may be another case of fake news, or of a discharge being investigated to determine if it was equipment malfunction versus operator error. I am prepared to be illuminated as the story develops.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln