Well, I would call that smoke if not a fire. A real company lays its future on the line when it puts out a video that would be slander if wholly fictitious. It could explain Sig’s reluctance to go “all-in official” with its refutation. Refute the picky points in blog-ville while trying to figure out what’s going on.

It is not uncommon for products in any field to have some warts not discovered during R&D. The marketplace subjects things to testing that the companies themselves could never imagine. In the firearms field, we had the Beretta slides to the face and locking block issues, the Glock Kbs, the recent Springfield XD-s issues, etc. They all got handled and life went on. It is how a company deals with it that impacts its near future. Springfield got way out in front of the XD-s issue, to the point of aggravating customers by getting customer guns back to the mother ship before they had a fix. While that ruffled feathers (and made it harder for any manufacturer to pull that off in the future), the issue got handled.

We’ll see what happens. I have no vested interest in the outcome either way. I am all for new technology and innovation, if it works.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/08/17.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln