BEARS....

Yesterday morning we got a frantic call from some geologists that we had dropped off at one of the lakes. They had a bear come through camp and charged them. Luckily for them, they had an 870 with slugs and one of them threw 4 rounds down range (close range). The gun was now empty and the bear between them and the rest of the ammo. The high tailed it the the lodge at the end of the lake. The girl was still in her underwear- I guess it really rattled them.

Took my dog and found the bear. It was dead. His shooting was good. No need for the dog- it only made it 20' from the beach where they shot.
A decent sized boar. I skinned it out for them and we took them all back to Bettles to unwind. Hide and skull goes to the fish cop whenever they send someone to get it.
It was the first time he had shot at anything but paper. My hats off to the lad from Stanford! The Swede wanted to shoot my Tikka so we did a little target shooting on the beach. Did you know a 200 grain Partition will go all the way though a plastic Folgers can? Who would have thought! I think these kids may be all right.

Dang black bears are giving Alaska a bad name this summer!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.