Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Amazing to me how radically different bullets perform for different people. My son has shot quite a bit with the 80gr TTSX in a 25-06. Even a brown bear. Total penetration and mostly DRT.

I have only watched about 30-35 Accubonds used and have yet to see a pass-through, even on smallish stuff. Watched a Kodiak bear take four 270gr Accubonds in the ribs from a 375H&H... all were caught.

A lot more questions than answers...

Size/attitude of the animals being shot? Hasn't your son been primarily shooting things like moose, caribou, and bears in the shoulders?

I will say that the culling report has a very similar nuance to what would be expected from the NZ website that reports all of his bullet experiences/expectations.

Basically, a soft-fronted tough-butted heavy-for-caliber C+C bullet started at 3000 or more kills ungulates very well. Everything else becomes a compromise from that ideal.

Cannot say any one aiming point... brown bear was twice through the heart broadside, once from each side. Bear made about 150 yards, dead bear running. At that point it twirled in place, absolutely painting a huge circle, then died and rolled another hundred yards.

He has also used CNS, shoulders, and frontal chest shots on deer, moose, caribou, mountain goat, etc...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.