Originally Posted by Model70Guy
I'm going to do something similar again in a few days. There's a few planned changes; for instance the calibers will be .270 Weatherby and 7-300 Win. Bullets are 140 NBT, 140 Accubonds (3360), 130 Sciroccos (3500) and (prepare to be horrified, you have been warned) 7mm 180 Hunting VLDs.(3150) Not a copper bullet in the mix.

Why not try some standard Interlocks? So many people seem to think that the more expensive bullets are the only ones that work. I have shot several hundred deer on depredation hunts using 100-grain Interlocks from a 6mm and 129-grainers from a .260. Along with that, a number of them with a 7 mag shooting 139-grainers and .308 and 30-06 shooting 150-grainers. These bullets are all sub-moa in my rifles and I have not lost a single animal, due to what I would call "bullet failure".

I get using premium bullets on heavy game, but I can see no legit reason to use them on average game. I love Partitions on elk and even killed one moose with them, but they just are not necessary for light-skinned game. The same goes for other premium bullets.

I guess if money is no object, then they are fine, but I like a bit more bang for the buck, so to speak.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.