some federal (GS) employees DO NOT contribute to Social Security. All President Reagan (God bless him) did was curtail the double dipping. I've had to deal with GS employees my whole career and the unionized ones are on the whole (there are always exceptions) prettyworthles and short of committing animal acts with minors, they are impossible to dismiss.

The joke in the Pentagon was that they were like "nuns" in the job for life. They do what they do when they want, and we as bosses have little or zero recourse to deal with them. Reagan (God Bless him) was spot on when he fired those no-loads. Glad to see unions are on the way out, but you'll never get them out of federal service, in fact it's only going to get worse. With the on going turnover of military jobs to civilians, we'll just continue to pay more and receive less. jorge

Last edited by jorgeI; 01/27/07.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”