Interesting that you should bring that up. There was an interesting piece in the Wash Times yesterday on that very subject... I almost fell out of my chair in shock that they would admit what was going on.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070125-091732-4936r.htm

Phyliis Schafly came out against our trade policy last month. There is some serious adjusting of attitudes regarding this matter by serious conservative opinion makers.

Will

Excellent article.

I've said before that America can only survive a so called "free trade" enviorment if everyone is required to play by the same rules. Even then it will be difficult for American manufacturing to overcome the disadvantages which are presented by the fact that our foreign competition pays slave wages for their labor.

Couple that with the foreign currency manipulation and it's no wonder that American manufacturing is declining at a breakneck pace.

Allowing China to impose their standard of living on the American working and middle class isn't in the best interest of the American people,.... and the current global trade policies of our government will produce exactly that result.