Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Zerk,

Here's a quote from a chapter of a book called MODERN HUNTING OPTICS, and the chapter is an extended version of an article published in a major American shooting magazine: "Just because two dogs touch noses doesn’t mean their bodies line up. A pair of cone-type alignment rods can work, but only if a straight-edge is placed alongside both rods--or the rods are turned around so their flat ends butt against each other."

If you can't imagine two dogs touching noses, take two sharp pencils and place them on a table. Note that they do NOT have be perfectly in line for their tips to touch. In fact they can be at 90-degree angles to each other.

I get the point. But if you look at them closely, I say they will be lined up. Otherwise the tips will not be fully touching. Just a portion of each. Tips can only touch when they are aligned, otherwise you are off to the side of one of them. They are a fine point, lined with the center of the rod. Not big fat dog nose.

But it is probably good to flip it around and look at it both ways. Like I said I use a magnfying glass.

No, they are not fully touching when perpendicular. Stick your fingers together.