Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by battue
When you're right you're right.

Same thing at a local gun store up the road. Have known the girl who owns it for years and I stopped in to buy a set of dies. Also wanted some .270 shells. Nothing but basic Remington and Winchester on the shelf. I asked if she had any Nosler or Hornaday and she replied I can't sell those. They buy what costs the least. Rural and almost all hunt. However, she does a better than good business in top of the line bows which I find interesting.

Remember too that high end equipment doesn't mean squat as to hunting or shooting skills. Some of the best deer hunters anywhere use comparatively "cheap" wares. I dare say the Benoit family could outdo most here when it comes to deer hunting and they used nothing but Remington 760's with iron sights for decades.

I bet the average campfire member with a precision rifle and scope would kick the Benoit's and their 760 butt on the Wyoming plains! wink

Benoits have been using scope's for a few years now. grin

I'm aware of that but that doesn't change the fact that they still use Remington pumps or that they were incredibly successful with iron sights for many years.

Ted Williams could hit the schitt out of a baseball..... does that mean he could also hit the schitt out of a golf ball.... or tennis ball, or hit a 100 mph slap shot? Hell no....

I bet the Benoit Boys would be sucking wind and looking for some better equipment on a Colorado Elk hunt.... or Wyoming Pronghorn hunt.... or high-country Nevada Mule Deer pack trip.

Taking highly provincial examples.... then applying those examples broad-base.... is the acme of foolishness.

Scopes HAVE to retain zero..... it's a MUST.... period.... end of story. For SOME folks..... they also HAVE to track correctly.... and HAVE to return to zero. If you don't need any of the three.... then I suggest you buy a new Leupold.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......