Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Bushnell , Simmons and Nikon are on most of the deer hunters rifles around here.
Same around here. I bet more deer are killed with Bushnell Banners and Nikon pro staffs by a factor of at least 10 to 1 over Leupolds and 1000 to one over Nightforce or SWFA here in NY and we kill over 200,000 deer per year. This aught to be common sense anyway as economy rifles like Ruger Americans and Savage's Wal- Mart specials outnumber high end and customs by 1000 to 1 too. Remember, according to IRS statistics 60% of the entire American workforce earns less than 20.00 per hour and it's less than that in rural areas. Average Joe hunter simply can't afford $1500.00 plus rifles topped with $1000.00 plus glassware.

It's not so much that they can't afford it,it's mostly priorities. In my area average Joe hunter smokes and drinks at least one $1500 rifle and $1000 scope every year. After two packs and half a case a day,there's only enough left for a blister pack Walmart special.

I know alot of hunters around here who don't smoke or drink and still can't afford a 2,500 dollar rig. I think many of the financially well to do folks here are so far removed from the reality of living on a blue collar income in a rural area that they don't have a clue. Besides, some of these guys know damn good and well they don't need an expensive rig to get the job done year after year because they do it. Beyond that, anyone who really needs/relies on top shelf equipment to shoot deer hundreds of yards away to be successful ain't much of a hunter. Hell, we stacked deer like cordwood with smoothbore slug guns that wouldn't do better than 6 MOA on a good day for years.