I guess time will tell. The Colorado came out in what, 2012, then they stopped production, and started again in 2015, so it can't have the history of the Taco. I have a friend who canyoneers and drives a lot. What I really wanted to buy in '13 was a Ford Ranger which a number of people in the sport used and they really held up well, but Ford discontinued it in 2012. My dealer told me the F150 got near the same mileage, so they dropped it.. I owned 3 new F150 King ranches around that time. The only GM I owned around then (after GM took the loan) was a 2008 Trailblazer with a 5.2L engine. The quality, fit and finish did not justify the price, so I went to Fords.
When the Ranger was no longer available, in 2013, I tried another Taco to see if it had improved since my '07. It didn't. In 2015 ('16'were out), I figured I'd
look again. The dealer I went to was a GM and Toyota dealer, so I drove them both right there. I liked the look of the Taco (more sporty), but the performance was simply unacceptable to me. My wife liked the orange color. I told her for +5K I could put a supercharger in it (it was available in '13). I was going to do that but found out the supercharger had been discontinued, so I bought the Chevy. The stock performance was much better than the stock Taco. It was better but nothing to write home about. Just like the government telling us how much water our toilets can use, that we must use curly light bulbs, that our washing machines can't have a user settable water level they exacted a price for those energy efficient appliance subsidies. There is nothing for nothing when it comes to the government. The price for those auto industry bailouts and cash for clunkers were a promise to acheive unrelalistic mileage goals, spawning the "learn down feature," aluminum truck beds, and TPMS. $311 and a trip to a tuner took care of the learn down, and my Colorado is almost as fun to drive as the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with it's 5.7 Hemi engine I traded in. It was the one with the electronic shifter, which I disliked from day 1-the one that killed that Hollywood guy when his own Jeep ran him over. I found out about the recall 2 weeks before it went public so I dumped it before I lost even more. It was a year old and had 52K on it so I got whacked for it being a high miler anyway. The choices in small trucks are limited. The Ford Ranger-gone, the Dodge Dakota-gone (good riddance, had a1992 got rid if it before it could be a problem). So, we have the Taco, the re-introduced Colorado, and the Nissan Frontier. You pay you money and take your chances.

Last edited by carlm; 09/21/17.