Originally Posted by elkcountry
Thanks for all of your responses guys. Sooooo many things to consider. Every time I think I have my mind made up, Something else creeps up and scrambles everything. The biggest consideration is this will be my daily driver. The 2500 with a 6.0L averaging 12-13mpg is really a big negative in my book. However going diesel is more initial cost and maintenance so that isn't high on the list plus the wife isnt thrilled about diesels! Looks like the 1500 6.2L with a 6.5' box is the way I'm leaning..........today! Probably going to wait untill next summer to get serious but it's fun to do the research!

Would really like to hear from you guys with the 6.2L 1500s!

Shoot straight

Elk Country

Drive a new diesel before you kiss off on them. My '04 feels primitive compared to a friend's '13 Denali, and the new ones are a whole world more refined now than just 5yrs ago. From outside it's hard to tell the new Chevy's are diesel, inside the cab you can hardly hear the engine. And torque with any diesel has to be experienced to be appreciated. Test drive up a mountain grade from a stop and you'll be sold.