So what was the total round count ? Any scope can, and do fail. Usually it will be in the first 40-60 rds. I laugh at guys like FormD who try to tell us that Nightforce never fail. Really ? How about the two guys who posted their annoyance with Nightforce because they suggested to them they might not want to send in their scopes for minor repairs due to their six month backlog ?
As far as Leupolds holding up, I've had several of them take hard falls on the desert rocks where I hunt and have never had to rezero one. Yes, I've busted a couple of reticles. All of them were old, well used scopes. None of them were high dollar tactical scopes.
Most here apparently don't understand that there are many grades or levels of Leupold scopes. So learn what the differences are and pick one that fits your needs. For instance, my FX2, 4X are a bit touchy to adjust the windage. But my VX-R Patrol, my VX2 Scout and my Fx3 6X42 are not. Move as they should, up, down, left or right wherever I ask them to. No, I don't twist them to their limits. I'd buy a tactical model with steel guts, and twin springs if that's what I needed.
Or you can believe that Leupolds are junk/unreliable and the military uses so many of them because "the fix is in." E