Originally Posted by MZ5
I am one of the people who really likes the SWFA reticle for range work, but who dislikes it as a hunting reticle. I am also one who cannot understand fondness for plain duplex reticles (nor the abhorrent BDCs, but that's for another thread).

Would it really be that tough to put evenly-spaced windage mil hashes on what amounts to a duplex reticle? You have to put them in the first focal plane if the scope is a variable, though.

OTOH, perhaps I would dislike the SWFA quad less as a hunting reticle in their 3-9, because the too-fine, non-illuminated center-to-lower section may no longer be too fine with a zoom ratio of only 3x, rather than the 5x on my 3-15. It is always said that the 3-9 is made by someone different than the maker of the 3-15 and fixed-x classics. I would like to get away from the crudity of their *****-made scopes.

The 3-9 HD has the same reticle as the 6x scope. Both are much bolder than the classic 10x. Not sure which one the 3-15 has in it.

I do have 2 VX6 scopes, one has the CDS dial installed, the other does not. Both have worked fine for me but I still prefer the super chickens.