Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The lesson here for me is that it's foolish to spend, say a grand, on a scope that likely won't hold up over time any better than a $200 from the same outfit. For light use, get the $200 one and save the bucks to spend on one or two good ones to go on rifles that get really get used or really need to work. I can't drop big bucks on the scopes that sit on all my rifles, but I can afford one or two good ones.

While you're at it, do you have any experience with Aimpoints? A lot, if not most of the shots I get while hunting could be taken with a red dot. Aimpoints gave a good reputation, but I've never seen much about how they hold up over time.

You are correct- I have not seen a reliability or durability difference between the VX-1 and the VX-6.

Aimponts are the best red dots available. Nothing else is even close.

Form
Not to hijak the thread,but our Aimpoint red dot in the helicopter (predator hunting) loses zero after a while. Its on an AR. I suspect the constant vibration from the helicopter. Thoughts? Have checked mounts ect. Its usually off a couple inches at 100yds after maybe 15 to 20 hrs of flying.