Originally Posted by FOsteology
Much obliged Formidilosus.

I remember you previously recommended the same list, but after reading about your observations with the Trijicon 1-8 figured I'd ask if there was any other scopes you recommend.

For me, I'm still slumming a few S&B Zenith and Stratos. So far knock on wood they've been fine. But I obviously don't put as many rounds down range and work the sheit out of my gear as you and you're compadres.

The new NF SHV with the Forceplex on first glance appears to be an answer for hunters.

The 1-8x Trijicons have been doing well, but I don't like to say that they're "good" until I/we have seen 10k plus rounds on multiple samples.

The NF SHV's work well, and for a "hunting" scope the 3-10x with Forceplex is probably as good as it gets. They are not tested to the absolute abuse levels that the NSX, etc. are tested to, but they are good scopes. For me it's hard to understand why someone would want a scope to dial, but have no good reference for wind/misses....

S&B's tend to work well as hunting scopes in set and forget mode. The PH models are good but have such limited elevation travel as to almost not make it worth it. For low light 0-200 yards, their fixed 6, 7, and 8x models are excellent.

Originally Posted by MZ5

Not on the list, though. Does that mean lack of experience with that line, or that it's not in the same league as the NXS and other NFs? It'd be handy to know what lines there's not a lot of experience with, too, so as to not condemn out of ignorance.

No, not lack of experience- just they have not proven to be literally BOMBPROOF so I did not include them. Having said that, I have NOT seen any issues with the SHV's but like the Trijicon 1-8x's I have not seen enough to outright say that they are golden. I have seen 8-10 with between 500 and around 3,000 rounds on them. So far, so good.

While it'd be hard to do with any scope suitable for dialing/longer ranges- If you want to know what experience that I have with a scope- ask. I do not work for any company, I do not have allegiance to any company (though NF is close because they believe their scopes are aiming devices first), I do not make a dime off of any scope- if NF started to slip, I would be the very FIRST person to call them out.

As I said in that post,!those are the major scopes that have proven to have so few issues as to not be worth mentioning, and the ones most suited to "normal" hunting from muzzle to past 300 yards. If someone has no desire to shoot past 300, then the S&B fixed powers, older Zeiss Diavari fixed powers, and older Kahles fixed power scopes tend to stay zeroed very well.