Hit some parts just enough today with 400 and 1000 grit sandpaper to smooth down and then with some qtips with flitz liquid polish. after watching some YouTube vids. Hit the groove along the bolt that the ejector rides along. Hit the knuckle on the lever where it engages the bolt slot , hit the hole on the lever and the barrel of the lever retention bolt. It actually is smoother now. I think the biggest improvement was from polishing the ejector groove along the bolt. Will break down the whole gun after deer season and get at the actual internals, basically look for wear surfaces and polish. Biggest place to not do any polishing is the detent on the lever and pin that locks the lever in place via that detent. Gawd this marlin bug is almost like having a crack cocaine additiction. I find myself looking at new remlins with disdain and older ones with cross bolt safeties and wondering how many deer have been saved by the cross bolt safety "murphy" happening. Now i find myself wanting to find a .444 half tube 24 inch pre cross bolt safety as sort of a big brother to my 36g sc. Damm marlinitis.... almost as addictive as decking out an AR15.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/20/17.