Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hey renegade while you're polishing parts and pining away about carrying a Marlin in the woods we're huntin' the sheit out of em here. Hope you have fun there rubbin the Marlin.

BTW, saw 8 blacktail bucks and a bear last hunt out. But polishing parts sounds fun too.

Did I get ta ya buttercup...... been ml hunting on ft campbell since 16 sept. Letting deer walk and choosing not to take 1 shot so far, but of course you already know that researching my post since i hurt your feelings. I don't know if I should feel flattered or what. Never have had a groupie. Is this really you or is it mrs fireball. Go play with your new sock puppet encecalenema or whatever the heck it is called on the crossfire thread that just recently showed up on that.........
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I prefer to get them 'slicked' up by shooting the hell out of them.

It's a 53 yr old pawn shop gun steelhead that has done a 180 for the better since it has been mine and has gotten some tlc, i have made alot of post about this rifle, im sure alot have seen them. I am a marlin 36g post ho i geuss.I have shot 3 different brands of ammo in it the 1st time I took it to the range, got 10 rds of fed fusion 170gr left and it shot decent 2 inch groups. 15 rds of hornady full boar 140gr left, the rifle strung those horizontal almost 4 inches ( too light and fast I think for twist rate) then I shot the 160gr leverevolution rd and it would pair shots at 100yds all day long, shot entire box that 1st day, went back out shot another full box of the 160gr , my main purpose that session was wanting to see if it paired again with a cold clean barrel which it did and that was after I installed a .050 peep from theoriginal .093 peep. The rest of the box that day got burnt up shooting at chunks of cinder block , a steel chest plate someone left on the berm for some strange reason and 5 clay pigeons I found , all from the sitting, kneeling and offhand , the berm is around 115 yds, I was nailing shyt.... gonna go back out on a windless day again and for shyts and giggles check the 1st pair out of the cold clean barrel at 100yds off bench and bags again, then shoot the rest of that box again fun shooting. That will leave me with one box for the rifle season. All 4 boxes of the leverevolution have been the same lot number from midsouth 3 miles down the road....

Last edited by renegade50; 10/24/17.