Originally Posted by sawbuck
I'm getting my first levergun next month, a Marlin 94, 45LC. It is the first firearm I've actually been excited about buying in years.

Guess I'll also need to learn how to slick it up. I plan to scope it with a Leupold 2-7x33. I'm a fan of Leupold DD rings but don't think they are available for a Marlin. Any suggestions?

This is the 1st lever gun I have had since I was 17, I'm 54 now it's been awhile, having a rifle that is new to me and interesting to work and plan to work further on is pretty cool. but most of all being surprisingly accurate makes it all the better. DD rings and bases some times have issues with windage and elevation limits and using up too much total MOA of a scope, btdt with DD setup with lupy vx31 3.5-10×40 on my mod70ot6 late last year i ran out of elevation cause I used up moa on initial windage adjustment . Leopold sent me two .012 shims to put under rear base to compensate. I fricking hated knowing I had a shim on my rifle, installed a new 2 piece lupy windage adjustable base and rings back on the rifle , (which I always used in the past) used the adjustable windage rear screws boresighting it insted of massive windage scope adjustments. Took care of the loss of total MOA issue , got the rifle within 3 inches at 100yds and then used scope adjustments to get it on the X.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/24/17.