Partitions do as they are designed. Front half expands to twice the dia. and does damage. Rear half holds together and continues to travel through. At lower speeds/distance the two usually stay together. At higher speeds or close range the front half can come apart but the rear half continues, usually passing through..Great bullets and have solid repeatable performance for years and years..The standard...........
Accubonds expand on contact as designed and usually hold together being bonded. At fast speed/close distance they can expand quit rapidly and the earlier versions were found to be too thin of jackets and got the nickname "accubombs"

I have found both work great and have not had any horror stories with either. I have about a 90% pass through success with partitions on deer, 100% on goats. Only deer that didn't pass through were 2 angle shots on big muleys, where the bullet was found under the opposite hide after traveling 20+ inches ( 2nd to end rib enter, liver, lungs, shoulder and bullet found under hide opposite brisket). I have had 2 accubonds pass through on deer with perfect behind the shoulder broadside shots and a 1 other not pass through but was a bang flops, 2 antelope pass throughs.........

For me in 3 different rifles (tikka t3 6.5x55, rem 700 .270 and rem 700 .308) accubonds and ABLR shoot tigheter groups but partitions usually are my go to as they still shoot great and perform time and time again, especially if there is a chance for elk along with deer.