Originally Posted by SU35
Front half expands to twice the dia. and does damage.

Front half usually comes apart and shreds. Not expand.

The other day as I was leaving camp I came across a sounder of very young pigs. Wanting one for the pot, I waited until the largest boar - 20 pounds or so - cleared the rest, and he stood facing me about 35 yards away. The load was a 160-gr Partition over 45.0 grains of Hunter, not chronographed but I'd guess somewhere between 2450 - 2500 fps. The bullet entered just below and to the right of the right ear and traveled down the spine, completely destroying the right backstrap. As a matter of fact, when I got to him his innards were coming out his back. When I was skinning the hams, I found a piece of lead about the size of a pea just under the skin. That was all that was left of the front of the bullet. The back part is probably up in Georgia someplace. In this case, the front half of the bullet definitely came apart and shredded.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown