Both elk were taken with a 270 Winchester with 150gr Nosler Partitions using Norma MRP. First elk was a cow at about 60 yards
hit shoulder, not much expansion going thru but nose of bullet broke off sliced heart open like a knife and came out thru the chest.
Rest of the bullet continued on thru and hit the shoulder bone on the far side it bounced off and followed the leg bone down to
where your elbow would be. Butcher dug it out their. It,s around the house here some where. back half weight about 95grains.
had to shoot cow in neck to kill it. Bull elk in 2015 in Wyoming shot it using same load as 2012 in Arizona. Shot bull in rain
and fog at about 175 yards. Bullet went thru both shoulders, Broke first shoulder but not second. Small hole coming out second
shoulder went about 50 yards. No bullet recovered. Used 140gr Accubonds with RL23 at about 3040fps or so. Only had a deer
tag for Colorado, didn't get one. Trying to decide on Barnes TTSX 110gr or 130gr in my 270 Winchester. So far RL23 is most accurate
powder in my 270 Win. RL26 and MRP give higher velocities. In my 30/06 I,m using 150gr Accubonds with RL16 powder. Still use 115gr
Partitions in my old model 70 257 Roberts. It do shoots 1 " groups with the Partitions and about 1.5" groups with the 110gr Accubonds.