Good results, North.

You might give Andy at Hawk Bullets in NJ a try. They used to be in Glenrock, WY.

I used a 270 GR Hawk in a 348 Ackley on a nice bull moose in 2007. The rear sight on that rifle was a flat based Lyman 48.
I have used a Lyman 56 with a Marbles 95 fold down in the rear dovetail. In the outback, its nice to have a ready to go
rear sight in case the peep sight breaks or becomes unuseable. The slide on the Lymans allows for quick detach, and then
you can flip up the 95 sight. It is really handy on bear rifles. Guides use similar rigs.

Back about 9 years ago, the Hawk Company made up some 225 grain bullets for me. They also offer the 348 WCF bullet in 180 gr.
I even have some 270-& 300 gr Hawk bullets for the Ackley rifle. Kronfeld wrote a good article on the 348 Ackley: its featured in Wolfe Publishing's
Big bore Rifles book. Ackley himself was amazed at the performance level: regularly produced 175-200 FPS more than the parent cartridge
with 200-220 gr bullets. Worth the effort, though few will modify an existing original Model 71.
Your bullet tests are excellent. The original 250 gr Silvertip bullets are not the performers compared to Hawk 250s or Woodleigh-Swift.
Hawk and Alaska Bullet Works-(Juneau). Hawk and Alaska BW also produce a 400 gr flat point suitable for the 450 Alaskan.

HRM

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....