Andy H @ Hawk Bullets once asked me for an opinion between an original Winchester Model 71 or one of the Browning replica rifles.
My opinion was the Winchester would always be worth more in the long run, as an original. He bought the original. Winchester now has made
a serious error starting with their 1886 rapid taper half magazine rifles in 45-70. They placed an EXTRA tang safety a couple of inches behind the hammer. I am afraid they used the same useless tang safety on the repro Model 71.

This was a bad idea-probably at the fool-proof attorney's for Winchester insistence. Dangerous, as one could put it on double safety by accident. John Browning
and Winchester originally stuck with the 1886 and 1936 half cocked hammer safety --that worked for over 100 years.

I have just recently found a first year production Model 71, and it has the pre-war fit and finish. The trigger at half cock remains still with no movement or rattle.
Ready to do what is intended from the dark timber of MT-WY-CO through Alberta-Alaska and NWT to the Yukon.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....