Originally Posted by 340boy
Good for you! I have always found it remarkable how an inanimate object can remind us so much of good times and good people. I haven't too many old boxes of bullets or ammunition other than a few 300 Weatherby boxes that are all faded and wrinkled. You know the ones with the drawing of a tiger on the cover?

A local gunsmith has a whole shelf of old boxes of ammo as you walk into his shop. He has many items probably going back into the mid 50s? Almost looks like a miniature firearms museum or something.

Does your uncle still doing shooting?

No. He's on home dialysis for some type of kidney thing and can barely make it to the mailbox and back. He's the same age as my dad @ 65. I got the MkV 340 from him and will likely wind up with his MkV 378 as well. The 340 was purchased at a fire sale about 1965ish in San Francisco. He's been to Africa with both guns multiple times. He's got a Colt SAA Abercrombie and Fitch edition in mint condition and a host of other shotguns. He was really a bird guy, his old man was the one with the hard on for Africa as I understand it. The (Tommy's) old man's old man was Tom M. Girdler of Republic Steel infamy who broke the unions (see: Memorial Day Massacre and the book "Boot Straps").

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"