Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by 175rltw
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Anyone else do what I do now, when I'm sighting any scope, especially the later Loopies? I made a small wood mallet that I rap the scope with a few times after every adjustment. I was getting strange tracking from the Loopies...first shot after adj--no or not much movement...second shoot at or near where it should have moved to after the adjustment. The tapping-in seems to help a lot.

oh...and smokepole.. LOOPY LOOPY LOOPY! smirk

Dang man. If you can whack the turrets with a wooden mallet between adjustments / shots then leupold is sill building a far tougher scope than I’ve been giving them credit for. That’s the one thing the swfa FF crowd haven’t done yet to test one. Hitting Itje turret with a mallet between adjustments is a pretty damn hardcore optics test.

It's just a 6 pound mallet. I used an 8-pounder, but it bent my Chinese rings. The 6-pounder seems just right. All it takes is a few whacks, unless it's used on a Swaro. One tap on those and I find out just how good their CS is.

I used to use a screwdriver handle, back in the day, but the turrets chipped too many handles. eek

The fix is to drop it from shoulder height every time an adjustment is made. There might be an instructional vid out there somewhere....grin...