Originally Posted by 12344mag
Talked to a guy last night and he is a CPO on the USS Carl Vinson. He told me that under Obama a lot of times the pilots would have to get their flight time in on simulators instead of air time.......piss poor way to train if you ask me.

He also told me they are more than thrilled with Trump, Said he can't remember when morale was this high.

I told him to tell his buddies to never doubt the support of his fellow Americans, he smiled and said "you all proved that last November". It was an privileged to talk with the man and an honor to shake his hand.

Yes, I also talked to an active Navy pilot last week & he also confirmed the training via flight simulators; he was recently re-assigned from Hawaii to an AF base in Oklahoma. Says he won't actually be flying a plane again for a year & says he likely will not re-up but will probably go to a commercial airline job instead.

My son is an E5 & until his current assignment, was on a Aegis cruiser in the 7th fleet; he says morale is better since Trump was elected but not exactly sky high. He's coming up on a re-up the middle of next year & has not yet made up his mind on what he's going to do yet.

MM