When I was a strong young guy, I liked BARs and had them in several calibers. Then I hit middle age and they were a little heavy, so I traded into mostly bolt guns. Now that I'm old, I'm back to the BAR in .30-06 as one of my go to guns. Mine is an Belgium made Grade III with super wood and a little rose and scroll hand engraving. Weight doesn't bother me since walks are very short. I drive out, sit and watch or take a stand either manufactured or hastily put together from natural elements. The gas action recoils much like a ..243, the rifle shoots really close to one inch groups with factory ammo.

If you see me with a bolt gun, it will likely be a .308, .243,,or .223. I don't like recoil any more and sold my last belted magnum several years ago. At eighty, I no longer need to be macho. BTW, I am no longer mad enough at deer to hunt in the rain.

Good to you,

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 11/24/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero