Originally Posted by SockPuppet
The Hankook Dynapro AT/M is an excellent tire. Very quiet, great road manners, and wear extremely well. Good in everything but deep mud.

I recently installed a set of the Cooper AT/3. A bit noisier than the Hankooks so far.

I've had a set of the Hankook ATM on my 2001 Tahoe for around 6500 or so. Bought them as a ship to store from Walmart. Out the door with road hazard warranty and all it was around $550 IIRC. I had no previous experience with the Kooks but reviews looked good and the price was considerably better than for my old favorite Coopers. Have been surprised at the lack of road noise and mud traction. So far I've had them in dry rocky, wet muddy, snow & goop, level and hilly. Worst mud was an outback NC Blueridge partial rutted road with clay mud and melting snow. Tread cleared the mud MUCH better than I would have thought even though to the eyeball it's only marginally more aggressive than the BFG All TerrainTread which is friggin useless in the sticky. Tread shows minimal wear but it's early yet. Noise level is very good especially considering performance.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."