Originally Posted by TF49
Had BFG KO tires on a Suburban and they were excellent. Very very good on ice and in snow.

Had Geolanders on a Jeep. Very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling. But, I got one sidewall sliced by a rock and as they were nearing their end, I replaced them. Put Duratrac tires on. Would have preferred KO tires but where I bought them, the Duratrac were priced about $50 per tire lower. Big difference when putting them on an old half worn out Jeep.

Prolly many good off road tires out there in the marketplace.

So, I got these Duratracs put on the Jeep yesterday. Took it out today to a spot that I had taken deer before and was slowly wheeling around and I hear this “whoosh.” Hmm.... so I stop, look at all the tires and all seems ok. Drive for a bit and then stop. Stretch my legs and then see the front left tire flat. Rock cut on the inside near the tread. 46 miles.

Feeble old guy by himself,miles from anywhere, changing the tire. Harrumph!

Wish I had bought the KO tires or something else.

BUT, the guy at the tire store made me feel special. He asked how I did it and then said “This almost never happens, I’ve never seen one cut like this.”

It was rocky but pretty tame 4 wheeling.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”