Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
How easy would it be to build a custom capable of 1/2 MOA or even better accuracy and the finished rifle be at 6 to 6.5 pounds? I really like the weight and feel of my Forbes 270 and it is that accurate and right at 6 lbs. The ejection angle however won't allow me to use any scope with turrets or even covered turrets. I am able to use a Swaro Z5 on it just fine.

I like the Swaro but would have more confidence for long term in a NF NXS 2.5-10X42. I'm thinking a custom 6.5-270 or even a Creedmoor if I must go short action for weight loss,and a NXS would be the last hunting rifle I would ever buy. I would however like the finished scoped rifle to be 8 lbs or under,and 7.5 lbs would make me very happy.

Is this possible? Any suggestions on action,barrel,and stock that would get me there?

Is there really a better chance of better accuracy going custom,or should I just buy a Tikka Superlight or a Fieldcraft? I've never had a custom built.

I've owned several custom rifles, and a couple of Tikkas. If I wanted a light, accurate rifle, then I'd start with a Tikka or a Sako A7. You could buy several of them for the cost of one lightweight custom. They're incredibly accurate and fall within the weight range that you specified.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.