Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
How easy would it be to build a custom capable of 1/2 MOA or even better accuracy and the finished rifle be at 6 to 6.5 pounds? I really like the weight and feel of my Forbes 270 and it is that accurate and right at 6 lbs. The ejection angle however won't allow me to use any scope with turrets or even covered turrets. I am able to use a Swaro Z5 on it just fine.

I like the Swaro but would have more confidence for long term in a NF NXS 2.5-10X42. I'm thinking a custom 6.5-270 or even a Creedmoor if I must go short action for weight loss,and a NXS would be the last hunting rifle I would ever buy. I would however like the finished scoped rifle to be 8 lbs or under,and 7.5 lbs would make me very happy.

Is this possible? Any suggestions on action,barrel,and stock that would get me there?

Is there really a better chance of better accuracy going custom,or should I just buy a Tikka Superlight or a Fieldcraft? I've never had a custom built.

Very doable....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very very nice. Knowing very little about customs,I'm afraid I don't recognize all the parts. Can you give some specs please. Could you give a ball park cost? PM if you like.

Clark, Jon Beanland built 6.5 Saum, Defiance Rebel XM action, Defiance SS XM BM, Jewell trigger, Bartlien 2b barrel crowned @24" bedded in a MCM Classic edge, the weight is 8# 9 oz's which I know is heavier than your looking for but with a lighter contour or fluting and aluminum bottom metal 8# should be pretty easy!
Parts today would be around $2750.00
You could save a good amount going with a 700 action and BM and a cheaper trigger and still have an accurate 8# rifle that will be more consistent than most factory offerings, just don't cut corners on your builder!

Thank you sir.