I don’t get it why folks wait seven months for something to happen that can easily be accomplished in three or four hours in my backyard. I boil the skull in a pot with borax and laundry detergent. Periodically I scrape off and all remove the meat that has been cooked off the bone. About the time “most” of the meat is removed, I’ll pour out the water and re-boil with a new borax/detergent solution to really clean and deodorize. I have a somewhat large set of forceps I got from a surgeon buddy that really help with the little bitty meat scraps that want to hang on. Plus, it’ll yank the brain out, piece by piece, very effectively. After that I wipe it down with a 40 volume peroxide paste solution from my beauty shop overnight and all is well. The end result is as professional looking as any ther skull mount you’ll see.

For years I used a 40 volume liquid solution for the skulls. It would require three or more gallons to cover the skull. I could reuse it maybe two more times before the peroxide lost its strength. I used a paste solution this time, painting it on with a small brush and the results were outstanding. I may have used a third of a gallon. So in the end, it works better and is less expensive.

Last edited by Godogs57; 12/06/17.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.