That is interesting. I have been meaning to drift down to the Southeast like the ABC Islands and Kodiak for the salmon runs on the creeks.
If one gets there early, the fish are OK Sharing with the bears requires a heavy rifle. You can smoke salmon right by the creeks.

Allen Haselborg was a well known hermit on Admiralty Island as was Gambier Bay Jim. Haselborg kept two 1895 Winchesters in 405. I have owned a few of these
and they will work on heavy game. The repair record and 300 gr bullet does not measure up to the 1886/Model 71 IMHO. There was a US Forest Service LE officer killed very close to the West Glacier entrance. He hit a 6 yr old grizzly with his mtn bike as he rounded the gravel trail.
Its the surprise encounters that call for the 450s as a not so solid fast shot will keep them busy until you can finish them. A mad or adrenalin-stoked grizzly will even the score.
For me personally-I won't go timber hunting in Alaska with anything less than a 348 Ackley with heavy bullets. The Alaska Bullet Works and Woodleighs are hard to beat.
The Swifts are well made and expensive. Alaska Bullet Works probably make the best FP 400 gr for the money. Hawl Bullets also make a dependable FP 400 grain.

I have an extra stock for the 450 Fuller. The original that came with the rifle was highly figured walnut with Super Grade sling swivels as on the Deluxe Model 71.
It has a heavy barrel. The 450 Alaskan utilizes the re-bored original Winchester barrel-rechambered. I like the rapid taper M71 barrel and its balance
is great for stalk hunting. No need to shoot it a lot-it has one purpose and the sights are set. The 35-348 IMP was probably a good idea before good bullets came to be. There was always Noslers and they are hard to beat for penetration. I'll keep your dies in mind, Moose. I have a complete set of RCBS re-form dies for 450-50AK. They come in handy

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....