Someone did a 2013-14 thorough bit of work on the 348 Ackley in the Alaska Outdoor Forum.
It was a beautiful pre-war Deluxe Model 71 and it shot really well. I believe the article stated that he preferred Woodleigh 250 gr bullets to either North Fork or Hawk.
I have used Barnes, Hornady; Hawk-all weights; and Silvertips (not recommended). Also have used Alaska Bullet works in bonded 250 gr bullets.

North Fork bullets does get the bullet weight right. They offer a 230 gr bullet which is about right for the 348 WCF as it is designed. The Ackley can push the 250s the way they
need to be moved and mine would gain 200 fps over the standard 348 velocity in 250 grain bullets of any make. That is right at 35 Whelen velocity-and will
stop anything in North America.

As to charging bears-you still may need a 450 Alaskan.

We now are having brass costs and availability problems with the 348 WW brass. ****** I have some extra 348 Ackley primed brass FS-if anyone gets in a bind**************

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....