I tend to agree that the 348 WCF is an excellent cartridge as it stands, particularly as it has received added impetus from the newer bonded core bullets. Repeat shots are very fast, indeed.
My best 8-pt 280 pound white tail came by a fast M-71 shot. But when it comes to the improved .348 Ackley, it is in a world of its own. John Kronfeld did a review and research some 15
years ago for Handloader Magazine and I think he was correct. A simple re-chambering and the M-71 in 348 ACK Imp becomes a powerful lever action 35 Whelen w/o using .358 diam. bullets.
It is already 348-that is close enough with AK Bullet Works, Woodleigh, Swift and Hawk bullets.

My largest Alaska moose was taken with a 348 Ack Improved at 90 yards. He barely moved after one solid hit with a 270 gr Hawk bullet. Recoil is close to a standard
348 cartridge with a 250 gr bullet. But-with the new bonded bullets -a 200 gr FP or 225-will do the business in a as-issued Model 71 348- on most North American game-except for possibly
grizzlies or brown bear. Then I prefer a bit more in the displacement area -hitting the engine room.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....