Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by cotis
I am seriously thinking about purchasing a stainless S&W Governor to use as a "snake" gun while in the field. Does anyone have experience with them? I love my other S&W revolvers, enough that I am willing to pay more for a Smith vs. a Taurus Judge. I am also a lefty, so any experience with holsters would be beneficial also. Thanks

Am never interested in gimmickry? use the money to buy CCI or learn to load snake shot capsules for one of your favorite Smith 38, 357, 44, or 45's. smile
The .410 is simply superior to the ones you mention. I wish Smith could come out with the 28 Ga. version, but the ATF wouldn't allow it at the last minute, after having approved it initially.

I think they have some sort of policy decision that says there has to be a non-shotgun caliber that will fit in it for it to also accept a shotgun round. Biggest that fits that rule is a .410/.45. Basically, it's a loophole, because it's (in theory) a .45 Colt with a long enough chamber so as to fit a .410 shotgun round. If it were marketed as a handgun .410 shotgun, it would be an NFA item. That's why they can't have any large gauges, because there aren't any standard rounds that match up with a shotgun shell. Even if there were, it wouldn't be legal, because said standard round would exceed .50 caliber, which is barred also by US law in anything but a shotgun shell.