I wonder about that determination. I brought this up at an internal Wa. State firearm training class for instructors. It backs up your statement at least in Wa state law. They explained that over 50 caliber was illegal to hunt with except black powder. I asked about a 12 guage slugs which are 72 caliber? I was told shot guns are exempt as well as Black Powder. Then I asked the definition of a Rifle and was told it was any blah blah blah with a rifled bore. So then I asked again what about a shotgun with a slug from a shotgun with a rifled barrel or rifled choke tube? A shotgun becomes a rifle if the barrel is rifled. No question about that and no debate according the the Attorney General they asked about this.

Ah ha........ That had them completely stumped. I do not think this is a federal law, I think it's by state. There are countless Searcy 700 nitro express double rifles made brand new today and soldbrand new today that are available pretty easy if you have the big bucks to buy one!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)