It's been really tough on our North Central La properties for several years now. We went from seeing many deer on every hunt to going on several hunts in a row without seeing a single deer. I hunted our family place approx. 20 days this season and only saw a few deer total with one decent buck seen running across a small highline near a rd. On my lease in that same area it's been even worse as I haven't killed a deer on that lease in several years. Almost ready to throw in the towel on the lease, but I stay in for turkey. Here at my house in the NW portion of the state it's been totally different as I've seen deer on nearly every hunt, sometimes as many as 9-10 at a time. I've seen a handful of bucks there as well. That definitely makes it more interesting and my kids enjoy seeing them when they go. I have one more family farm to hunt that should be rutting in the next few weeks over in the NE corner of LA in the MS River delta. Looking fwd to the delta rut to hopefully get out of the slump for the other areas.

I keep hearing the acorn crop is the issue, but I'm not believing it any more as I hunt mostly acorns lol. Lots of cams on trails and plots tell the tale. We're just in a slump, but I keep the faith as I remember when I was a kid it was a treat to just see a deer once in a while. It's definitely not that bad again yet.