I.have heard the least ever shots this year ever .I think it's way less than 40 shots heard at deer .It use to sound like a war opening.weekend .The people across the street have 3000 acres and have not seen a deer in.three years now .I think the deer find bunny huggers where I.hunt and stay there all season .I am going to clear some food plots to see if that helps .I am not seeing many tracks either .I tried to put out some feed and it just rotted.I am going to try on.The river after Christmas and see if that's where they are .I know I.have seen vert few road kills too .It's crazy and gets old just watching squirrels .I do need to.kill off some turkeys I.have tons of them they eat all the acorns .Hopefully timber goes up so.more people will select cut .We just lost 200 acres of woods above me they cleared into.pasture.I think burning off runs
Deer off for years the state does it too much.here on public land and there are no deer there either .I.see the end of deer season coming here in my.life time .The fish and game can.shut it down.when the population is below 10 per square mile .It's below 5 per square mile in the mountains where I live and you.never see Deer or deer sign.there !